About the session
Ninth Session of the Committee on Sustainable Development and the Africa Regional Forum on Sustainable Development
The Ninth session will discuss how new technologies and innovations can be the drivers of continental economic growth. Member states will also hear ideas on harnessing these innovations to their advantage. It will take place from 16 to 18 June 2015 at the ECA Conference Center in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Ninth CSD Objectives
- Introduce the ECA subprogramme on innovations, technologies and management of Africa’s natural resources;
- Present and illicit guidance to improve the implementation of the 2014– 2015 work programme ;
- Present and illicit guidance in refining priorities of the 2016-2017strategic framework;
What we are expecting at the end:
- Clear guidance on how to improve the implementation of the 2014–2015 work programme; and align priorities of the 2016–2017 strategic framework to countries needs and demands ;
- Clear Recommendations to ECA, Partners and Member States with regard to the improvement of the subprogramme implementation and contribution to SD commitments;
About the Committee on Sustainable Development
The Ninth session of the ECA Committee on Sustainable Development (CSD-9) will deliberate on statutory and programmatic matters related to the ECA subprogramme on innovations, technologies and the management of natural resources under the auspices of the Special Initiatives Division (SID).
Official Video on Africa Regional Forum on Sustainable Development
Opening Speech by Ms. Fatima Denton
Director, Special Initiatives Division, ECA
16 June 2015
Harnessing the Data Revolution for Sustainable Development
Harnessing the Data revolution for sustainable development, 15 July 2015, Hilton Hotel Third International Conference on Financing for Development
13 to 16 July 2015, Addis Ababa [Published on Jul 15, 2015]
This guide brings web and library sources on Africa Regional Forum on Sustainable Development into one unique finding tool. The links to third party websites do not imply endorsement by the ECA.